Join Our Group
Membership is opened to all people of any race, creed or religion, male and female between the ages of 6 years to 25 years.
Want to join our group?
Please use our simple form and we will get right back to you: Join the Adventure!
To get involved, contact Keith by emailing email@example.com.
If you are an adult interested in helping out, take a look at our Volunteering pages.
- The annual subscription is £180 per Member, including annual Capitation Fees. The remainder of the subscription covers the general running of the Sections which includes heating, lighting, badges, administration and materials for meetings. This is payable in September each year or, if you would prefer, payment can be made in three installments of £60.00 in September, January and April. If there are any problems with this please contact the Group Scout Leader.
- A further £10 will be required to cover the cost of the Group Scarves, Woggle, Badges and Section Handbooks.
Capitation fees go towards the day to day running of headquarters, plus personal insurance for each member with a small amount to cover the costs of administration for the County and District. The fees are paid annually by the group on 1st January each year, the amount for 2020 is £43 per member and is included in the above annual Subscriptions.
We are a uniform organisation, therefore all Members are expected to wear the correct uniform of their section when attending parade nights and any other activities including camps and outings unless permission has been given for uniform not to be worn. The uniform consists of:
- Group Scarf
- Navy blue Scout activity trousers or School grey trousers
- Belt (Scout Section)
The group scarf is purchased through the group.
Navy blue plain or combat trousers may be worn instead of the official uniform.
Although shoes are part of the uniform, trainers will be acceptable for meetings. For all outings camps and church parades, shoes must be worn.
All items of uniform must be marked with the member’s name.
Uniform can be purchased on line http://shop.scouts.org.uk/ or through our District Shop/Badge Secretary.
Section Hand Books are obtained through the Section Leader – this gives information about the badges that can be obtained.
Data Protection Act
- All personal information given on any forms are in the strictest confidence.
- Information is only used by the group for group activities.
- Permission to camp forms – after the event has taken place are shredded.
- A list of personal details are kept on a data base with a password protection.
St. Mary the Virgin
2nd Mortlake Scout Group is affiliated to St. Mary the Virgin C/E Church Mortlake. Although we do not parade every month there are several church parades throughout the year. They are normally on the third Sunday in the month at 10.00 am. Special Services e.g. Mothering Sunday, Harvest Festival and Remembrance Sunday etc are held on the appropriate Sundays during the year.
St. George’s Day
St. George is the Patron Saints of Scouts. This is an annual District Parade for all Members of the movement. At this parade we all renew our Scout Promises. St. George’s Day Parade is held on the nearest Sunday to the 23rd April. All Members and Leaders are expected to attend.
The following forms need to be completed by the Parents when their Son/Daughter joins the Group. They are:
Payment will be required at the time of the young person becoming a Member of 2nd Mortlake Scout Group. If this will cause difficulties, please contact the Group Scout Leader.